Wind Mitigation Inspection: Who Can Perform It?
Who can perform Wind Mitigation Inspections? It states who is considered qualified on the Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802)very clearly.
- Hurricane mitigation inspector certified by the My Safe Florida Home Program.
- Building code inspector certified under Section 468.607, Florida Statutes.
- General, building or residential contractor licensed under Section 489.111, Florida Statutes.
- Professional architect licensed under Section 481.213, Florida Statutes.
- Professional engineer licensed under Section 471.015, Florida Statutes.
- Other individual or entity recognized by the insurer as possessing the necessary qualifications to properly complete this form pursuant to Section 627.711(2)(f), Florida Statutes.
If the inspector does not fit one of these categories your wind mitigation inspection form will be null and void.